Thursday, August 17, 2006

Me, Crazy..??






Well, I guess I haven't sat down and just written a long blog entry in a while. Since I know people read my blog now, I'll go for it! Hayden's only 11 days away from being one. I can't believe how fast this year has gone by. There's a place in his baby book that says "Letter from Mommy" and "Letter from Daddy." Neither one of us felt like we could write a letter to Hayden when he was only one month old. We barely knew him. So, Matt and I both sat down a few nights ago and wrote our letters to Hayden. It was pretty hard to sum up your feelings for your child in just a short letter. Of course Matt's was better than mine, but they both ended up good. He's really turning into a little boy now. He's walking and really close to just taking off and running! He's played with some other kids in a playgroup and loved the interaction. I was in the playgroup, I believe, a total of three weeks. I'll tell you right now, Stay at Home Mom's are nuts! Now I'm a stay at home mom and yes, I am going nuts staring at my child all day and the four walls are closing in on me. Here's a little example of what I'm talking about...because my hubby is cheapo, we only have 13 channels. So, when Days of Our Lives is over at 2:00, I don't have anything to watch until 5:00. Hayden takes about a 2 and a half hour nap in the afternoon, so I've got some time on my hands. Well, two weeks ago Matt was working from home one day and looked over at me and I was laying on the couch watching the ceiling fan spin round, round, round.... Now I'm sure you're thinking "you're the crazy one Andrea." Yes I am, but these mom's in this playgroup are nuts. I'm not gonna go into the middle school details, but I'm not in the group anymore. Maybe I'll get Hayden a dog. Oh wait, we already have two that we hate. Maybe I'll take him to our church preschool...oh wait, we don't have one. Maybe I'll go for walks more often...oh wait, it's 2,000 degrees outside. Well, I guess I'll just blog more often. Stay tuned folks. This could get interesting. Here's some pictures for ya...

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Way to stick it to the SAHM's!!! You go girl! love ya, jen

Anonymous said...

Maybe you could incorporate some Bon Bon's and sponge rollers into your down time and make it official. Then you might be more in line with your counterparts. Z

Eric Clay said...

Do I need to get Hayden some movies for Christmas (ones that Mom likes)? You can have my old sewing machine? What's a good stay-at-home-mom-whose-bored-in-the-afternoons hobby? Scrapbooking is usually a big hit with moms, right? Gourmet cooking? Sell Mary Kay? Too bad you aren't a sweets person, you could become a baker. Guess you just need another baby...

Noe Family said...

My hobby is watching the ceiling fan Melissa!! And I do need another baby. Then I won't be going crazy b/c I'm bored, I'll just be plain nuts!