Saturday, February 24, 2007

Maybe I'm a tease!

Maybe I'm back, maybe I'm not. I have had several requests by email to continue blogging. Back in the fall I did a post asking if anyone was reading my blog. Surprisingly I had people comment and say yes they read it. Here's the deal though....I LOVE to read people's blogs. Some of them I know, a lot of them I don't. I really try to comment on people's blogs where I see fit and I have even commented on some of those people's blogs I don't know! Do I do it because I ALWAYS have something to say? Maybe. Do I do it because I want them to know someone is reading their blog? Maybe. Do I do it because I don't want them to think they are just keeping a little journal about their own life and the only time it's being read is when they proof read it before they publish it? Probably so! I know my blog isn't very interesting (exactly why I tried to mix it up a little with the whole Valentine's day post...thanks for commenting Magan and Jenn, thanks for nothing. You said you were going to comment) I think I decided no one was reading my little "journal" so it was a waste of my time. Since I had some comments on the blog and some emails too, I'm gonna give it another shot. Please leave comments on my blog. I'd love to read your feedback. I've told my friend Jennifer that maybe I should start a real journal...."A Day in the Life of a Stay at Home Mom." I tell her stories of things I do during the day and most of the time she can't believe the things I do. For instance, the other day while Hayden was at school, I heard something on his monitor. Since we're renting a duplex until we find a house, and there's apartments across the street, we pick up a lot of phone calls if the monitor is on the wrong channel. Well the other day I layed on my bed and listened to about a 20 minute phone call and just laughed my tail off. Oh my it was hilarious. Or here's an oldie that some of you know...When we were still in NC, one day I noticed our neighbor mowing her lawn. Now let me tell you that our neighbors were three African-American women. The mother, her daughter, and her daughter. Well, the one who was mowing was Magnolia, yes that's her real name. The funny thing was, she was mowing in a MuMu, without her wig on, with tennis shoes and no socks, with an ELECTRIC MOWER. It was so funny, I hid at our living room window and video taped her with my digital camera. I emailed it to tons of people and I've had people tell me they kept that for the longest time, just to get a good laugh. Here's one more for ya. Back when Hayden was probably 9 months old, we were talking with our friends The Brabble's and The Collier's in NC one night. We were talking about how you send out all these pictures of your "beautiful" baby in the hospital when they're born, and even more the first few months of their life. Now don't you look back now and think "Oh my, we sent these to people?" Wow! So, while talking to them I said I was going to send them all an email one day that week with the "Best of Hayden" pictures....the scariest and ugliest newborn pictures I could find of him. I did it and I really think they got a kick out of it. Who does that? Now you might say "we watch birdies out the window during the day." Or "I'm a member of a SAHM club and we have a playgroup twice a week." Been there, done that...that's two journal entries right there!! I'm not one of those people. I love my little Hayden more than anything in this world, BUT I'm a people person. You keep me in a house, day after day, with someone who says "gibagoba umenips hokitlmsers 'Mama' humdners 'Dog' veopldmrto 'Juice'" I'm gonna go a little wacko. Obviously. The stories go on and on. So, maybe I'm going to change this blog to my personal, online journal. Maybe the problem has been that I haven't been interesting or worthy of any comments. Well, game on. I'm about to rock your blog-stalking world. Hold on to your seats b/c the journal of a semi-sane mother of an 18 month old is about to begin. (I will still include random pictures of my precious little boy though...whether they have anything to do with my entry or not.) Enjoy the ride!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

THATS MY GIRL!!!!! The rest of the blog-stalking world deserves to laugh as hard as i do! Jen

p.s Thanks for throwing me under the bus about the valentine story!

Anonymous said...

p.s i just posted a Valentine comment! I hope your happy. jen

Audrey said...

Okay, you don't know me personally but, you probably read my blog hence the blog stalker comments. I am linked on Jeny's site. Anyway, if you are worried/wondering who reads your blog you should put a map stats thing on your blog. Go to http://mapstats.blogflux.com/ and put it on your blog. If you need help comment to me your email address and I will help you. Then you can see who and where your readers are coming from. Warning:it may freak you out when you see who all reads it. You could also put a counter on there to see how many page loads you have had if you feel like no one reads it. Matt may remember me as Todd Barnes' girlfriend in high school. Anyway, hope to meet you someday if you are ever in Edmond.

Anonymous said...

Yea!!!!!!

Shauna

Sarah J. said...

Hi, Andrea~

I don't know if you remember me from ACU, but I knew Buster pretty well. I have checked your blog a few times from Summer's. I just started blogging a few months ago and I have loved coming across people I know... love the ACU connection.

I know how you feel about comments... I see some people's blogs with 20 comments and I think WHAT?? No one loves me. But then my grandma emails me to tell me how much she loves my blog and I feel better. But really the reason I blog isn't for other people, but just so I can have some kindof memory of this time in our life. I've already forgotten so much about when my oldest was little.

Anyway, you should put a stat counter on your site. I've been amazed at how many people who are reading mine... although I have no idea who they are. Maybe one day they will feel like saying hello.

So, keep blogging. I bet someday your kids will love reading about when they were little. In the meantime, I'm sure there are lots of other people who enjoy it as well!

Sarah (Bettis) Jones
http://greg-sarah-griffin-brooks.blogspot.com