Wednesday, May 14, 2008

The greatest friends ever!!






I just wanted to give a "shout out" to some of the greatest friends ever! Most of my readers know that I was diagnosed with MS last week. I'm not gonna go into my long sob story b/c I'm passed that. I am going to share with you what kind of support I have backing me as we begin this "journey." I found out the news on Friday morning. By Friday night my friend Jennifer and her husband Zac were at our house with Chili's!! Saturday afternoon my doorbell rang and when I went outside no one was there. I did, however, have beautiful flowers and notes of encouragement on my front porch. I just sat in my front yard and read them all and cried a little. Each of those notes are now on my mirror in my bathroom so I can see them every day. By Sunday I had an Evite from my friends Nikki and Jennifer inviting me to "Andrea Day" this coming Saturday. Andrea day will involve pedicures, lunch, and topped off with talking at Starbucks. (stay tuned for those pictures!) Sunday evening we met friends for snowcones...mmmmm! Last night my girls met me for dinner and gave me the most unbelievable necklace that says "Rockstar" on it. I could go on and on about my friends. I'll just sum it all up with how lucky I feel to have so many girls to love!! Here's to the greatest friends ever!!!

11 comments:

heather said...

Andrea- We were so sorry to hear about your diagnosis. I can't imagine what you must be feeling and going through right now. Our prayers will be with you and your family!

Bunch of Oranges said...

Whewww!!!! "Andrea Day" I love it! We all love you girl and are behind you forever! Many more good times ahead for us all! I love you!

ED AND MARILYN said...

Andrea - You are blessed to have such great friends and support. Our prayers will be with you through this journey.

Shara's Mom

Melanie said...

Enjoy Andrea Day...that sounds like tons of fun. You are in our prayers!

Shara Smith said...

If I change my name to Andrea, can I come to Andrea day? Love you tons and here beside you always!

Anonymous said...

"Andrea Day" is the most fabulous day of the year!!!

Alexis said...

you are in my thoughts and prayers. Please let me know if you need anything.

Summer said...

Andrea,
I can't imagine all that you're thinking and feeling. You do have some amazing friends! It must be such a blessing to feel so loved and supported by so many. I look forward to reading about, "Andrea Day!" We'll be praying for you.

Lindsey Holm said...

Andrea,
Just wanted you to know that we are thinking about you and praying for you and Buster.

Julia said...

Andrea - what a blessing it is to have such amazing friends! Praying for you as you start this journey...

Anonymous said...

I hope you enjoyed Andrea day . . . and I hope you convince everyone that Andrea Day should happen more often :)

Shauna