Sunday, May 04, 2008

MS 150









We just got home from a very exciting weekend in the Noe family. The first weekend of May is always the MS 150 bike race (150 miles in two days!). Matt's mom suffers from MS and Matt and his brother in law ride in her honor every year. They both ride with a cycling team called the Feisty Devils. Their team motto is "Ride Like Hell to Fight MS." Most of the teams that ride together in the race are corporate teams, therefore they are huge. The Feisty Devils are a "friends and family" team that was formed by the guy who owns the company Matt works for. His wife Alyce was diagnosed 10 years ago and they decided to do something about it. They formed a team with about 10 members and raised money and rode in the MS 150 for the first time in '03. This year the Feisty Devils had 215 members and in just 6 years as a team, they have almost raised one million dollars together!! They are the second largest team in the whole race and there are about 3300 riders total. They have so much fun together and they really make this weekend amazing! Here are a few pictures from Saturday and Sunday. Good job babe! We are so proud of you!!

5 comments:

*Kendra* said...

Congrats Matt! What a wonderful thing to do! And, like I told Andrea--I only wish I could ride my bike with no hands....

The Blakes said...

WOW! I am so proud of your family. What a great thing! Very few people in the world know a family, or person that actually makes a difference. I am proud to know yall! Congrats Matt. You are a good dude!

Bunch of Oranges said...

Go Matt Go! Yeah for ya'll! We miss you guys and can't wait to see ya'll! Sport the spandex Matt! Ha!

The Keltners said...

Congratulations Matt! I can't imagine riding that far, how cool. I love the family pics.

Summer said...

Way to go! One of these days, Chad is going to get out there and ride with you. Maybe next year. . .

Andrea- So sorry I dropped the ball on being "tagged." I am so bad at those. I don't have a good excuse really. Just couldn't think of anything all that interesting about myself. How sad is that? Plus I was working on my "Green in Abilene" post.

Tell Matt we're proud of him!