Wednesday, August 06, 2008

Haydenisms






We are at such a fun stage in Hayden's life right now. He will be turning 3 in about 3 weeks and I think this is going to be a great year! Two was definitely "terrible" for Hayden. I could begin listing the reasons why it was so terrible, but I have chosen to forget a good portion of the past year:-) Lately he has been so enjoyable. Really for the past few months. He talks constantly and there are times when Matt and I look at each other and say "we are having a conversation with our baby!" Last year he was pretty shy and I feel like he's really started coming out of his shell. We always say we wish others could know the Hayden we know at home. Well now I think people are starting to meet our Hayden! The one thing he still refuses to do is sing church songs during Childrens Worship or VBS etc. Trust me, he knows them...or so he thinks! He walks around and sings the songs all the time and it is so cute. Sometimes the words don't come out exactly right though. For example, during VBS they sang a song and one part they say "ooo ah, sock it to the devil" and yesterday he was walking around singing "ooo ah, sock it to the dessert!" Maybe he feels like we're living in the dessert right now? He also sings the Lords Army like this "I may never march in the calvary, ride in the calvary, shoot the calvary...." Yikes, beware calvary!! Another song he sings is "If you're happy in your nose, clap your hands..." I try not to laugh so it doesn't discourage him from singing the songs but it is so funny. He's really into firemen right now too (that's the theme for his bday party) and after VBS we asked him what he learned and he told us "about Jesus." Good answer Hayden! I asked if he learned about Jesus dying for us. His answers was "yes, he died at the firestation!" They must not have had very good Medics on hand at that firestation! So, there's a few cute stories about my Hayden. I thought it'd be appropriate to post some silly pictures of Hayden. They aren't recent but they fit!

3 comments:

*Kendra* said...

Love that little Hayden! I'm so glad that he and Cassidee are good friends! :)

Bunch of Oranges said...

oh my goodness... laugh out loud about Calvery... haaa! Love the pic of him and Matt... Adorable singing. Funny and sweet post Noe! Love ya'll! :)

Gina Savage said...

Yea, for you and Hayden on the potty training. I hate potty training! But like Hayden our Cole decided it was time and Oh Happy Day we only have one in daipers. They look so cute in their big boy underpants.