Thursday, August 28, 2008

Was the party that bad?

Hey boys, don't smile ok?
I like your hat!
Ok, this one did turn out pretty cute. Just cut Matt and Rick out??
Hello? Boys, I'm over here. Cheese...over here guys.
Are you really picking your nose for our picture together?
Say cheese Christa! Angie, Kimberly is that you? I can't tell.
I'm guessing this is Hayden?
Don't be scared Noah. My mom just doesn't know how to take pics!
You want us to wear these hats?
Was the party that bad Camille and Vivi?
Ok, I did a birthday post before this one so make sure you scroll down and see the sweet post before this funny one. Last Saturday we had Hayden's 3rd birthday party at Let's Jump. It didn't go as I had planned but I don't think anyone knew that but family. We were 5 minutes late (to HIS party!!!), Matt blew up 20 balloons at Walmart the morning of the party so we could decorate and then give one to each kid at the party and they happened to stay in Matt's car.....at home!! We also bought a new camera that we paid extra for 2 day delivery to make sure we had it in time for the party b/c my camera has been broken. Well, I knew I put it in Carson's diaper bag, I knew it! When it came time to take pictures of the kids jumping on the bounce houses, for Hayden to blow his candles out etc etc, I couldn't find the camera. I sent my parents on a wild goose chase, they drove to my house and turned it upside down looking for the camera....that was in the floorboard of my car the whole time!! Well, once I got the camera, with about 20 minutes of party time left, it was on some weird setting that was delaying every picture I took. So, lots of people's heads were cut off and the kids would smile then look away right when the picture would take. Anyways, the pictures that I got have cracked us up because they kind of represent how "out of whack" we felt during the party. Here's a few of the funny ones.....

5 comments:

The Keltners said...

Ok I am laughing out loud...especially with your comments. So much for a low stress birthday party:) Mason had great time anyway!!

Jeny said...

That sucks - in a funny way! We have a 3rd birthday party story that is similar to yours! We reserved the wrong park pavilion and had to take down all of our decorations and have a picnic party when the people who really reserved the pavilion arrrived! Must be something about being 3 that makes your party a mess!

Bunch of Oranges said...

OHHHH the joy of parties... we always forget something... so we can laugh about it later after all the planning is over and you can breathe. It was an adorable party! Happy Bday Hayeden! Tell him I said that since he doesn't know how to read your blog :)

The Blakes said...

It was a great Saturday morning! My kids had a blast. I am sending you my pictures.

jordanb said...

Okay, I found your blog and I caught up! You are in my prayers and now I can keep up with your adorable family!